The Opinion Festival 2022: Navigating next-gen technologies for culture
We are pleased to announce that we are also participating the Opinion Festival 2022!
We are organising the discussion which focuses on the cultural digital transformation and bears the title "Navigating next-gen technologies for culture". The discussion will take place on 12th August 2 pm EEST on the the stage called "Digitarkuse ala" (The Area of Digital Knowledge"). The discussion is in English.
Click "attend" in the Facebook event through which you can also watch the livestream of the discussion: https://fb.me/e/1PzXhfooe
During 25 years in the mainstream internet some technologies have triumphed while others rot. Some promised togetherness and understanding, but did the opposite. We cannot ignore the fact that a new revolution is taking place - Web3, IoT, Metaverse, VR, AR, XR etc. What should we focus on in the cultural space? Let’s question the intentions and probe the consequences of the cultural transformation.
The discussion is moderated by media and tech strategist Sten-Kristian Saluveer. The panellists include:
- Xenia Joost (Fashion Designer, Estonia)
- Indrek Kasela (investor and gallerist, Estonia)
- Indrek Ibrus (Professor of media innovation, Tallinn University, Estonia)
- Erwin Laiho (3D Designer, Model-Maker & Sculpture, NFT artist, Finland)
- Haavard Tveito (Norwegian architect and musician, founder of Nifrost.art, Norway)
See you on the Opinion Festival on August 12th!