Support for increased quality of media content and strengthening of minority language media production in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
BUDGET (2017-2018): 1.200.000 DKK (160.000 EUR)
DEADLINE: the call for applications for 2017 has ended
COUNTRIES: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
- The main objective of the Program is to increase quality and attractiveness of local, regional and national media and media products in the Baltic countries, with a special focus on inclusive content in minority languages and ethnically diverse or distinct regions.
- The goal of the Program is to augment and enhance production of high quality content in local, regional and national media products and media outlets in the Baltic countries by providing small scale grants.
- Editorial offices of media outlets registered in one of the three Baltic states
- Freelance journalists
- High-quality print, transmitted or online media content related to Russian and Polish speaking minorities in the Baltic States. Content can be produced in Russian, Polish, Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian language; however priority will be given to materials in Russian and Polish.
- All the media products created during the projects should be published in relevant local, national or regional media registered in one or more of the Baltic countries. Freelance journalists will need to document their access to publishing in media in order to qualify for a grant.
- The maximum duration of projects – 12 months.
NB! The grant scheme will concentrate on production of media content, and will, therefore, not be able to support directly the enhancement of skills and capacities of media professionals, study trips, trainings, purchase of equipment, rent of premises etc.
Funding principles and eligible costs
- The minimum grant is 600 EUR, and the maximum – 10.000 EUR.
- Human resources: Honoraria or payments for services related to project activities;
- Travel and accommodation: International travel and accommodation if justified, local transportation and accommodation.
- Costs related to the administration of the project (overheads) – maximum 7% of total project costs.
- Applicants must read Application Form and Application guidelines before drafting the actual Application. The Application must follow the format of the provided Application Form and take note of the instructions given there.
- NB! All project documentation (application, reports) must be in English language.
- The deadline for applications is August 4, 2017 (at 12 p.m. Eastern European Summer Time (EEST), +0300 UTC).
- Successful applicants will be notified by September 10th, 2017.
Grant program documents
General information about the programme
The Nordic Council of Ministers Office in Lithuania
Didzioji 5, Vilnius
tel. +370 5 212 22 11